ASBESTOS CONTAINING MATERIALS
Asbestos is a mineral fiber that was used in building and construction materials due to its strength, insulation properties, and fire-resistance capabilities. However, closer scrutiny from the scientific and medical community revelaed inhalation of asbestos fibers is linked with poor respiratory health, raising concerns from businesses and individuals around the world in its detection and management.
It is important to have potentially Asbestos Containing Materials (ACMs) tested before disturbing. If potentially ACMs have been disturbed with or without proper abatement engineering controls, air quality analysis for asbestos fibers is warranted. Absolute Labs has been providing asbestos testing and consulting services for residential and commercial real estate sectors for over 30 years.
If you require on-site asbestos in air testing please request a quote by clicking here or request to set up an on-site work order by clicking here. Alternatively, testittoday.com provides self-directed individuals with the ability to mail-in samples, using step-by-step instructions, directly to Absolute Labs for analysis.
ASBESTOS RELATED SERVICES
- Asbestos in air analysis
- Asbestos Containing Materials analysis
- Due diligence asbestos survey
- Indoor air quality analysis
- Industrial hygiene
- Occupational safety
- Post-abatement verification
- Workplace safety
We use the following EPA protocols when evaluating Asbestos Containing Materials (ACM):
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) research method for fibrous amphibole content of Vermiculite Attic Insulation (VAI) with identification by Polarized Light Microscopy (PLM).
- Soft materials: EPA 600/1116 METHOD FOR THE DETERMINATION OF ASBESTOS IN BULK BUILDING MATERIALS.
- Hard materials: EPA 600/1116 METHOD FOR THE DETERMINATION OF ASBESTOS IN BULK BUILDING MATERIALS POINT COUNT 220.127.116.11